Top 20 Affiliate Marketing Platforms You Should Definitely Sign-Up with
Every person on the planet is hunting for ways, tricks and tips to make money online. The very prospect of earning money while binge-watching shows on NetFlix, eating crisps and typing on a laptop sounds lucrative, but this cannot be done without one crucial link in the money-making chain: Affiliate Marketing Platforms.
Affiliate marketing network are ones that actually bring in the money. There are tonnes of digital marketing experts who are making money thanks to these highly efficient affiliate networks that have a plethora of top offers to cater to their clients’ needs.
First of all, you need to know how to make money with Affiliate Marketing—a skill that can very easily be mastered. Skim through this blog to know all about affiliate marketing.
But the question is why do we need affiliate marketing platforms? Let’s try to comprehend what affiliate marketing platforms do.
What Affiliate Marketing Platforms Do
These affiliate marketing platforms are the lifeblood of any digital marketing business. Now a digital marketing enterprise can become an affiliate marketer itself or the simpler way would be to become affiliated with these platforms to obtain offers from them.
The basic funda of affiliate marketing is linking a product/service on the website content and when the reader clicks on it and does the needful, the website gets paid. Affiliate marketing network actually provide these links to advertisers and publishers.
An affiliate marketing network:
- Clumps and gathers offers from different vendors
- Crafts a distinct search engine directory for affiliate marketers to find and select offers
- Handles all the administrative and accounting duties that come along an affiliate network
Now that we know what affiliate marketing networks do, let’s look at the top 20 affiliate marketing website at the moment.
Top 20 Affiliate Marketing Platforms
This German powerhouse of an affiliate marketing website is the one-stop-shop to all affiliate marketing needs. This network proudly boasts about the fact that it’s working with over 13,000 active advertisers and over 100k affiliates.
Active in 11 countries, the company is one of the most recognized affiliate networks in the world. Their simple advertising dashboard and easy UI make it a top choice. Let’s go through the pros and cons of Awin in short.
Good things about Awin
- Payout delivered twice a month at a $20 minimum
- Real-time, immaculate reports
- All publishers/advertisers strictly scrutinized
- Handy dashboard and supports plug-ins
- Global outreach and easy point of contact
Not-so-Good things about Awin
- You’ve got to pay $5 on signup
- If you don’t get approved, there’s no refund
Simply the best and above the rest—Awin is clearly the top affiliate marketing platform at the moment due to its easy UI, gigantic geographic reach and splendid customer support.
2. CJ Affiliate
If you have ever smelled whiff of an affiliate marketing enterprise, then the name “CJ” must’ve been thrown around here and there. One of the biggest affiliate platforms in the global digital marketing space, CJ has something for everyone.
Commission Junction aka CJ Affiliate is the first and last place that an affiliate marketer has to look into in order to access moneymaking opportunities throughout the globe. No matter what kinda offer you need, CJ has got your back.
It is very simple to segment multiple offers according to ones niche and usage. The process is streamlined and you can straightforwardly place your tracking code on your blog. Approval time is short as well.
Good things about CJ
- Humungous partner network with more than 3k advertising partners
- Reliable payout scheme ensures that you get paid on time each month
- Optimize your sales performance with an amazing reporting suite providing impressive dynamics
Not-so-Good things about CJ
- Complexity in operations, for it takes time to get to speed with CJ’s UI
- The customer support’s hands are tied due to huge affiliate and merchant support, making them unapproachable at times
Looking for the top affiliate marketing platform to associate with? Then CJ should be your top pick. Don’t expect to get up and running ASAP though, it takes some time to adapt with CJ’s dashboard and the way they work.
MaxBounty is skinning the game as a top affiliate marketing platform. The Canadian cool-corp claims itself to be one and only affiliate network built especially for affiliates. This one’s simply based on a CPA (Cost per Action/Acquisition) model and don’t think that you’ll find ad-banners there.
This affiliate network is dependent on performance marketing and it’s definitely one to go for in case of advertisers. A very responsive customer service is definitely the selling point and you can choose the affiliates according to your niche.
Good things about MaxBounty
- $1,000 bonus for affiliates capping $1,000 or more in first three months
- Weekly pay out option on $50 minimum via check, PayPal, Intercash, eCheck, ACH (direct deposit), bank wire, or Bitcoin
- Offers from top of the creamy layer brands
- Smooth sailing dashboard; easy to sort high-return offers
Not-so-Good things about MaxBounty
- User opinion matters: many affiliates have come up with negative reviews
- Abrupt account termination without a clear reason
- Approval takes a long time and it includes a voice call
If your website is up and running for a long time and you have some sources that definitely convert, then MaxBounty is one of those top affiliate marketing platforms that provides a bonus. We wouldn’t recommend this one to a newbie though.
If you aren’t the one that likes to wait for payout, then FlexOffers is a top affiliate marketing platform to go for. They pay their affiliates a whole lot faster than anyone else in the biz and a ten years’ experience speaks for itself.
With a solid array of tools on disposal, FlexOffers has a lot of flexibility to offer. Let’s look at the pros and cons.
Good things about FlexOffers
- Refer people on FlexOffers and get a cut when they earn
- Dedicated affiliate manager who’s there to serve you whenever you need
- More than 15k affiliate programs to choose from
Not-so-Good things about FlexOffers
- For members outside the US of A, PayPal is the only Payout option
Hungry for quick returns? FlexOffers should be your top pick as an affiliate marketing platform. The dedicated account manager will show you dimensions that you never thought existed and they’re very helpful.
On any other day, VigLink wouldn’t have made it to the list of top affiliate networks. But in this modern world of affiliate marketing where everyone wants to make money by writing words of wisdom, VigLink caters to the bloggers fraternity in particular.
Affiliates don’t have to worry about choosing the right affiliate network and testing an offer after the other. VigLink has top notch algorithms and dynamic links that directly switch and change to merchants that offer the best conversion rates at the moment.
VigLink is a GREAT option for content marketers who wish to focus on the content part rather than sitting around and changing links in major half of the day. It’s compatible, handy and definitely a must have top affiliate marketing platform in case you are a blogger.
Good things about VigLink
- Website, social media, and mobile app compatibility
- Powerful and nonchalant dashboard that’s easy to use
- One of the best hands-off affiliate programs for bloggers
- Didn’t make it to Amazon/other affiliates? Try this one!
- Dynamic link change option makes life easier and thickens conversions.
Not-so-Good things about VigLink
- Users have to apply for approval with each merchant separately
- You have to put some head into automated link creation for it to do the trick
- Inconsistent amounts of payout from offer to offer
- Payout only unleashes once a month
- There’s a hefty commission cut that goes in Viglink’s pocket
There’s more to content marketing than what meets the eye and bloggers can’t digest all the dimensions. VigLink takes a huge load off bloggers’ shoulders by providing the dynamic link change option and there is a vast bouquet of offers as well. If you are into content marketing then it’s definitely worth a try.
These were the top 5 affiliate marketing platforms in the market today. There are a lot of other good affiliate networks that have too much to offer, but these 5 are a must try for anyone getting into the affiliate marketing biz.
You must all be familiar with Amazon. From A to Z, whatever comes into your vocabulary, Amazon sells it. This is probably the reason you can find, multiply buyer for a single product. Due to Amazon’s popularity, many niches are already linked themselves with this great affiliate Marketing venture.
Good things about Amazon Associates
- 10% commission on the sales that are made from your link
- Referred purchases are also added to your affiliate revenue.
- Plethora of products. Amazon sells everything, from hair-dyer to groceries. One is bound to see larger orders with just a single link they click on.
Not-so-Good things about Amazon Associates
- Selective payout options. Cheque, bank transfer, or Amazon gift cards are the only way to get paid.
- Your affiliate cookie has a window of 24 hours only. If someone is going to purchase after 24 hours, cookies will get lost. No tracking, no revenue for you.
In a very simple term, Amazon is at the top of the great affiliate marketing platform leader board. Their categorization, interactive UI and not to forget the amazing customer support, put them above the rest.
There are over 1 billion listings currently onboard on eBay. Imagine promoting a handful of available products to generate your revenue. eBay has a variety of listing tools to help you promote the product, generate traffic on its platform and earn money.
Good things about eBay
- eBay has one of the largest and diverse marketplaces ever seen. The great thing about eBay is that the site is completely user-based. Users or sellers are continuously selling the product, even right at this moment.
- The initial 3 months gets you double commission and there is always some room for extra commission.
- Earning is very simple on eBay. Share the link of your listing and you get paid when someone buys it. The basic fundamental of every affiliate marketing platform.
Not-so-Good things about eBay
- This isn’t exactly a con but what happens in normal revenue share is that the sale is split between the affiliate and user. But on eBay, the revenue is shared between three entities – eBay, You, and Affiliate. The portion is as usual in good amount but knowing how EBay’s affiliate program works is always handy.
With 175 million buyers and 25 million sellers, topping it off with minimal eligibility criteria, eBay gives you a successful earning platform which is as simple as find, share and earns.
Almost all the other affiliate program follows the same revenue making property but Shopify comes big with the referral. This e-commerce platform is already famous among bloggers and you can join it for free and continue with Shopify as it does not have a minimum sale requirement.
Good things about Shopify
- As mentioned earlier, Shopify is high on referral. An average of $58 is rewarded if someone follows your standard plan’s link. You can also get a reward as high as $2000 for the plus referred account.
- Shopify is one of the best e-commerce websites you can ever come across with. The site directly sells on Pinterest, Amazon, and FaceBook.
Not-so-Good things about Shopify
- Shopify is only relevant for making a successful sale when you are selling things online.
Shopify is now at the top for the highest paying affiliate site. You can expect yourself to get paid twice a month via PayPal but with a minimum threshold of $25. If your niche is online marketing, you got the best affiliate service at your door.
Citibank is much like the hub for merchants. All available at one single place. The affiliate service if filled with zillion merchants, and you can choose according to your traffic and interest.
Good things about ClickBank
- A very clean and clear venture program that is free to join and ask for no caps.
- ClickBank is filled with some of the very high payable offers
- You can opt for weekly payouts via a variety of options
- You don’t have to wait for an offer to get approved. With its instant approval, you can choose and promote the needed brand.
Not-so-Good things about ClickBank
- Since ClickBank comes with diverse products, you can’t tell which work for the best without giving it a shot.
- Your initial payment can be given via checks
- Although Clickbank gives a 60 day no ask, refund policy. It can also affect your income.
- Limited physical product along with, low commission digital products.
ClickBank is very handy if you are someone who wants to broaden the affiliate product knowledge. You get so many different products at once but always keep your backup ready as offers can get pulled real quick. A simple place to start and build your affiliate marketing experience.
Rakuten is probably the oldest affiliate partner network you can come across and offers a really quick option to promote the product at a whole new different level any other affiliate program.
Rakuten Linkshare is more flexible toward customization where a merchant can customize the landing page according to their requirements.
Good things about Rakuten
- Ad Rotation is one thing that separates Rakuten from others. Ad rotation is the process where the offer changes its banner image automatically with just a few coding statements. Which can generate much higher traffic than expected.
- Customization. You as a merchant can choose the layout of your page which helps in higher sales and higher traffic
Not-so-Good things about Rakuten
- Linkshare has got a limited amount of partners than the rest.
- Payment Issue. You only get paid once their affiliate pays first.
Rakuten is probably the best affiliate venture to promote your brand with a completely different set of rules. Their ad Rotation gives a whole new game and can help you generate a higher payout but you will have to apply separately for every product.
JVZoo is pretty new in the affiliate marketing arena. Founded in 2011, JVZoo works with digital products, online courses and internet offers. JVZoo is very unusual with its pays. They pay instantly and also offer no upfront fee towards merchants. You can only expect a charging fee after the sale.
Good things about JVZoo
- Most of the offer available has a 50 or higher returns.
- No limits while adding offer link and CTA buttons
- You can host and create your landing page
- No upfront fee
Not-so-Good things about JVZoo
- Since you can place multiple links and CTAs. This can also be seen as spamming but it is not.
- You can get instant payouts only when you have sold 50 products
- You can enlighten yourself with videos and documents but you have to pay for it.
Although JVZoo is new, it offers a lot, for different users to build their experience. Professional marketers can promote their offer and build landing pages if one knew how to generate income from their traffic.
Target Affiliates is one of the biggest retailers in the United State. They have a simple basic formula – driving sales from the blogging website. Target Affiliates generate revenue thorough small commission after the sale has been made.
With great names comes great hard work. Generating a good amount of revenue requires more mind games than ever. Their cookies expire in 7 days, meaning your link will be useless to you after a week.
Commission on products can get as low as 1%. If you know how to generate high traffic on your product, you can make big bucks with Target Affiliate
Good things about Target Affiliates
- A vast variety of products available
- High traffic can produce high income
- Trusted brand
- Established influencers can divert good traffic to the product can generate a good amount of money.
Not-so-Good things about Target Affiliate
- Although it is the alternative to Amazon’s affiliate program, conversion rates are much lower than Amazon’s.
- Some products don’t come with commission
- American traffic is the only highest and suitable for generating revenue.
Target Affiliate partner with impact radius for their money related queries. You can have a start a good affiliate program as long as you have a US audience with perks like contest and weekly promotion.
If you are a blogger or looking for ways to monetize your blog, SkimLinks can work best for you. The basic principle of SkimLinks is as follows – supposedly you are writing a review about mobile and want to make money from the link. Skimlinks turns your ordinary link into an affiliate link
You can generate quite a handful of bucks if your primary niche if blogging. SkimLinks provides quite a variety of tools where you can compare the commission rate and offer so that you can curate your content to generate the optimum income.
Good things about SkimLinks
- Offer product that works outside the US market
- Primarily built to monetize content
- Simple and easy interface
- Satisfactory customer services
Not-so-Good things about SkimLinks
- Load time of a page might increase due to the referral link
- 25% commission on all offers
- Monthly Payout process
- A limited number of advertisers
SkimLinks can work if you have a blogging website. If you have content and want to monetize it, try your hands in SkimLinks.
Not every affiliate program offers the best quality dashboard. LinkConnector is a mocktail of good products and mediocre interface. But it still provides some stellar vendors and helps in generating revenue in an amount that the interface problem becomes negligible.
The unique thing about LinkConnector is its screening process where you have to prove that your site contains high-quality content and audience for an affiliate partnership. This is the one affiliate venture you don’t wanna miss. Your website SEO can see a much-needed rise with its naked links that don’t get routed via a LinkConnector.
Good things about LinkConnector
- No rerouting from the affiliate website
- Trusted and reputable customer service
- Contain some of the big brand and high-quality products
Not-so-Good things about LinkConnector
- Poorly maintained website and interface
- Merchants are in control of their links
- Tight screening process
LinkConnector can probably work the best for you if you have a much-experienced website. With great content quality and audience, you can get easy approval and work with some of the high-quality product.
2checkout works under the niche of software and digital product. So if your targeted audiences come into the same category then 2checkout is the one you should check out. With over 4,000 different vendors available, finding a software product won’t be an issue.
You can even find software that converts docx files into PDF. The only downfall of 2checkout is their dashboard. As it gets difficult to get metrics on conversion or even sorting offer according to their payouts. That being said, it is the biggest niche for affiliate marketing in digital and software products.
Good things about AvanGate (2checkout)
- 120 days of cookie duration
- Only directed towards software and digital products
- Ability to generate custom made coupon
- Multiple payment options like PayPal, direct deposit, or via MasterCard
Not-so-Good things about AvanGate (2checkout)
- Payment available only after capping $100
- Limited working of the dashboard
- Only catered towards Saas and software products.
If you are from the digital area, then 2checkout works the best for you. The affiliate vendor is only catering to a specific niche. With that said 2checkout is the leading affiliate program which gives a satisfactory commission rate and has large vendor data in their own niche.
Just Like 2checkout, ConvertKit caters towards the email affiliate marketing. ConvertKit is user-friendly and customizable. Some email affiliate marketing companies can cut you off without any prior notice but that is not the case with ConvertKit. As long as you are getting good revenue, you can stay around.
Good things about ConvertKit
- If you are looking for an email affiliating vendor, ConvertKit will work for you.
- You will not be cut off from the affiliate program, if you have a good, paying active account.
Not-so-Good things about ConvertKit
- Only Available for Email marketing
- Your commission will only be credited after 30 days of approval
ConvertKit is only bound to work if you are looking for email marketing. It offers a really simple and easy panel to understand and execute your data.
Google Adsense, in general, is an online advertising network but if you are looking for ways to generate revenue from a blog, it works the same way as an affiliate program would do. Promote a product on your blog and get paid for the interest audience. Simple, clear, and pretty much executable.
Good things about Google Adsense
- You give space from your website and Google will handle the displayed ad.
- You have the right to ban certain ads from the website.
- Reputable and well-established venture.
Not-so-Good things about Google Adsense
- When you live an ad, only your audience can see it.
Google Adsense doesn’t need any introduction, everyone knows it. If you have a good knowledge of what ad can work on your website or not, you can manage and earn cash from Google Adsense.
If there is an affiliate program that works online towards the mobile audience, then it’s Tapgerine. Probably the only online affiliate program that is built for mobile traffic. Even though they have limited resources, they can surely pull it off with that.
Good things about Google Adsense
- A pretty new and unique program towards mobile users
- Not-so-Good things about Google Adsense
- Not a good build payment option.
- Working on a mobile niche that is new.
Mobile affiliate program territory is the unknown zone where not many have put their hands on. Tapgerine will succeed in doing this, what many others have not done.
ClickFunnel is recently founded in 2013 and is growing at a faster pace in the affiliate marketing zone. The program offers a high percentage commission and that too per user, every month. Base on the SAAS model, ClickFunnel gives you many opportunities to earn through affiliate marketing.
Good things about Google Adsense
- Offer 40% referring commission, every month.
- Pays 5% sub-affiliate commission for every referral made
Not-so-Good things about Google Adsense
- You earn your commission weekly when you have completed a minimum threshold of $50
Click Funnel is also another good-paying affiliate program, a very good place to turn some side hustle money.
20. Zappian Media
Zappian Media is the newest and fastest-growing affiliate marketing platform. Although new they have worked with some of the known and reputable brands. Redefining the affiliate marketing definition, Zappian Media strive to grow and can make it big as they are on the right track
Good things about Google Zappian Media
- Trusted by reputable brands
- Cater towards the different niche of affiliate marketing platform
Not-so-Good things about Zappian Media
Although they are fast-growing affiliate venture, they still have to compete with established platforms
Zappian Media is a new emerging affiliate marketing platform, not much can be said but they have quite a good potential to come up this far by working some of the known and reputable brands.