- This agreement may be updated and/or modified at any point of time
- The safety and security of affiliates is protected by the Network
- Affiliates should be at least 18 years of age and should have a tax ID/social security number
- Users and visitors have limited right to use of graphics and content
- Affiliates don’t have a permission to request direct transactional business with merchants
- Advertising software known as “adware”, “malware” or any of those sorts is not permitted
- Merchant name or merchant domain name PPC bids are prohibited
- Affiliate tracking cookies can be set by outbound clicks only
- This website’s content is protected by the laws of copyright
- Zappian has full warrant to the given content and programs
- Neither of the parties will be held liable/responsible for damages
- The right to set affiliate bandwidth or usage thresholds lies with the network
- Affiliates cannot represent themselves as merchants
- Affiliates must include appropriate FTC disclosures
- Affiliates may not engage in cyber, domain or typo-squatting activities
- You cannot place tracking links on third party sites without permission
- Affiliates must disclose traffic driving techniques and transparency on request
- Sites with offensive content or incomplete sites will not be accepted
- The Network provides statistics and reporting for Affiliate payment calculations
- Affiliates must comply with all relevant International Internet Privacy and Data Protection Laws and Regulations
- Software, browser plugins or alerts triggered by a URL are acceptable with restrictions
- In case an affiliate sells a website, it should notify Zappian on doing so
- The network has no control and does not monitor the websites it links to
- Black Hat SEO techniques of any kind are strictly prohibited
- All marketing emails must cater to CAN-SPAM compliance
- Engagement in actual or attempted fraud will lead to immediate affiliate termination
- Affiliate accounts will be deactivated after one year of inactivity
- We may link to press releases or other sites and information
- Communications are considered non-confidential on a restricted basis
To actively participate in the Network, Affiliate must be at least 18 years of age, and supply tax classification. If requested by the Network, Affiliate must supply a valid tax identification number, which would be a social security number for individuals or a federal tax identification number for corporations and/or entities.
Affiliate Website Infringement
In case the affiliate’s website(s) get hacked, corrupted, expired, or showcase malicious content that defies the terms of this Affiliate Agreement, then Zappian Affiliate Network has to be notified at the earliest.
Zappian Affiliate Network holds the copyright to the content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Network and the Site. They are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of any such matters or any part of the Network and the Site, except as allowed under “Limited Right to Use” above, is strictly prohibited. Affiliate does not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Network or the Site.
Limited Right to Use
The usage, printing, viewing, or downloading of any graphic, content, form or document from the Network grants Affiliate only a revocable, non-exclusive license for use solely by Affiliate for purposes limited to the uses for the Network and Affiliates who have agreed to this Affiliate Agreement. All other uses of the Site will be as is reasonably required to view content and navigate through the pages and links available to the public using a standard Internet browser. None of the programs, content, forms, graphics or documents shall be used for republication, distribution, assignment, sub-license, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, graphic, form or document may be incorporated into any information retrieval system, other Affiliate network system, or any other system that is not owned by Zappian.
Warranty and Disclaimer
The Network warrants the computer programs, information and other content available on the Site provided for the Affiliate, are accurate and functional “as-is” to the best of the Network’s ability. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED. THIS WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS, PROPOSALS OR STATEMENTS MADE ON OR PRIOR TO THE DATE OF USAGE.
Limitation of Liability, Indemnification
Neither the Affiliate nor the Network will be liable to the other for special, indirect or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, litigation, or the like), incurred or suffered by the other arising as a result of or related to the performance of the Network programs, accuracy of content or the Site information, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, even if the other has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages. Affiliate will indemnify and hold the Network harmless against any claims incurred by the Network arising out of or in conjunction with breach of this Affiliate Agreement, as well as all reasonable costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred therein.
Due to important tax implications and other issues, an Affiliate who initiates the sale of one or more website(s) configured under their account are required to notify the Network on completion of the sale.
Links to Other Web Sites
The network and website may contain links that lead to third-party websites. Zappian does not control or monitor such web sites on a regular basis. The Network is not responsible for the computer programs available from, content in or opinions expressed at such web sites. The Network provides such third-party links only as a convenience to visitors and Affiliates to the site, and the inclusion of a link does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked site by the Network. If an Affiliate decides to leave the Site and access any third-party web site, it does so at your own risk.
Bandwidth or Usage Thresholds
When it comes to ad serving, API requests and/or any scripts that interact with the Network Site or web services, Zappian reserves the right to set Affiliate bandwidth or usage thresholds.
All websites configured in the Network by an Affiliate must comply with generally acceptable advertising practices. Affiliate websites or promotional tools must not support, advertise or promote downloadable advertising software (commonly known as “adware” or “malware”) that initiates or installs without the end user’s action of consent. An Affiliate found to be using any forms of adware, malware or spyware will be immediately removed from the network, and commissions voided.
Pay Per Click (PPC) Search Engine Marketing
Any Affiliate of the Network using PPC to drive merchant traffic may not bid on merchant company name or merchant domain name exactly as it is configured in the Network. An Affiliate may not represent themselves as the merchant in PPC campaigns unless consent is given by the Merchant. Commission earnings that originate from a company name or domain name bid violation are subject to withholding.
Promotion Materials & User Generated Content
Zappian is not responsible for reversing commissions paid on sales coming from User Generated Content on a publisher site. Merchants are responsible for including this in their Custom Program Terms and Conditions if they do not wish the pay commissions for these sales.
The use of invalid or unauthorized merchant coupons, deals, or promotions is prohibited. If the coupon, deal, or promotion is not listed within the merchants configured ad campaigns, express permission from the merchant is required before use.
Network Affiliate Cookies
Network tracking cookies set by Affiliate end-user clicks, through campaigns and tracking links of any kind provided by the Network, must be the direct result of an end-user outbound click, whether from a web site, PPC campaign, newsletter or email. Forced clicks or practices otherwise known as cookie stuffing are against this Affiliate Agreement.
Merchant Brand Representation
The Network prohibits any Affiliate from representing themselves as the merchant by any means, or from using any web programming code or techniques to frame the Merchant’s site within an end user’s browser. If an Affiliate chooses to frame Merchant’s sites it must be with Merchant consent before doing so.
Affiliate is required to follow the Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising from the Federal Trade Commission. The guide sets forth the general principles the FTC uses to evaluate endorsements and testimonials, together with examples illustrating the application of those principles. The guide does not profess to cover every possible use of endorsements in advertising. Whether a particular endorsement or testimonial is deceptive will depend on the specific factual circumstances of the advertisement at issue.
Cyber, Domain or Typo-Squatting
Affiliate may not use a domain name with bad faith intent to profit from the goodwill of a trademark or copyright belonging to another company or individual. Any relevant activities including, but limited to, Typo-squatting, URL Hijacking, Cyber-squatting or Brand-jacking are not permitted. The Network reserves the right to remove an Affiliate deemed to be violating the Anti-cyber-squatting Consumer Protection Act, and void commissions.
Software reminders, browser notifications or alerts triggered by a merchant URL in a browser address bar are acceptable with restrictions. Reminders or notifications may include, but are not limited to, browser helpers, plug-ins and toolbars. The Network reserves the right to apply passive click restriction on Affiliate accounts or websites utilizing software reminders, browser alerts or notifications that knowingly or unknowingly undermines the valid tracking cookie of another Affiliate.
Black Hat Techniques
Black Hat or Spam-dexing techniques of any kind, including but not limited to, Cloaking and Content Scraping, is strictly prohibited and enforced. Any Affiliate caught using Black Hat methods will be removed from the Network on first offense, and commission payments subject to withholding.
If an Affiliate chooses to promote Merchants by way of email lists, the email marketing must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 legislation and the applicable regulations governing email marketing. The CAN-SPAM Act, which became effective January 1, 2004, covers email whose primary purpose is advertising or promoting a commercial product or service, including content on a web site.
Fraud or Attempted Fraud
Fraud is a very serious and even criminal offense. Evidence of any kind of Affiliate fraud, or attempted fraud, will result in immediate termination from the Network and voided commissions. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, credit card transaction fraud, use of adware/malware, cyber-squatting, forced clicks and certain black hat techniques. All information obtained by the Network from any Affiliate found to be engaged in credit card transaction fraud will be turned over to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
Inactive Affiliate Accounts
Any Affiliate account that has been “inactive” for one year will be automatically deactivated from the Network. Inactivity is defined as having no record of clicks or impressions during the previous 12-month period. Although accounts that meet this criterion of no clicks or impressions for one year are deactivated, the account record is not deleted and can be reactivated should the Affiliate make the request and qualify for reactivation.
Press Releases and Information
The Network will contain certain press releases, testimonials, interviews and discussions about us, our business and services, including links to certain third-party websites that may contain such Information. While all Information on the Site is believed to be accurate when prepared, the Network disclaims any duty to monitor or update any such Information. Statements regarding other companies other than the Network in such Information should not be relied upon as being accurate or endorsed by Zappian.
Certain communications, information and materials that an Affiliate submits shall be considered non-confidential. By submitting such communications, information and materials to the Network, Affiliate is representing their rights to enter into this Affiliate Agreement, that the Network is free to use all or part of the content of any such communications on an restricted basis without the obligation to notify or compensate Affiliate. The Network prohibits the scraping of email addresses from any Network site. The Network expressly prohibits and opts out of any electronic mail messages that were obtained in violation of the foregoing or by use of automatic address-generation programs.
Non-Affiliate Owned Web Properties
Affiliate Transparency & Disclosure
Any software that masks or hides referring information or URLs in any way is prohibited from use. Any Affiliate, at the request of the Network, must disclose and provide accurate information on business models and online or offline promotional techniques used to drive traffic and sales on behalf of their Merchants. Failure to provide transparency may result in the suspension of an Affiliate account until such disclosure is made.
The following sites will not be accepted by the Network: Incomplete sites, sites with deceptive promotions or content, parked domain names, sites with limited or no value added content, sites that promote hatred, bigotry, violence or adult-oriented material, gambling or online gaming services, get rich quick schemes, and any other sites otherwise centered around illegal or unethical activity. The Network reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether or not any Affiliate applicant’s site meets the acceptable use guidelines of this Affiliate Agreement.
- Network tracks, calculates and stores payment and commission information for each Merchant program Affiliate has joined (by accepting the terms and conditions of the Merchant program in the Affiliate’s account interface) and any commissions are payable only based on that information;
- Network collects Merchant program commissions on behalf of and as agent for Affiliate;
- Affiliate will be compensated based on the threshold payment amount they have defined in the ‘Contact/Payment Information’ Section of the ‘Account’ administration menu.
- Network is not liable to pay commissions to Affiliate on any Merchant program until the Merchant remits payment to the Network;
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, Affiliate agrees and authorizes Network to apply any payment received from any Merchant in the following order of priority:
- to fees owed by Merchant to the Network; and
- then to fees owed by Merchant to Affiliate; and
- Network shall not be liable to Affiliate for any Merchant’s breach of its obligation to pay Affiliate whether directly or through Network.
Affiliate Cookies and Data Protection
- Affiliates must comply with all relevant international Internet privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Affiliates will cooperate with Zappian to comply with all relevant international Internet privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
- Affiliates must obtain specific consent by any website visitors to cookies set by Zappian as the result of a click.
- Affiliates will not provide any collected personal data to Zappian without our prior written consent.
- Each party’s employees and contractors shall be subject to an obligation of confidentiality that ensures that the employees shall treat all personal data with strict confidentiality.
- Each party shall implement the necessary technical and organizational measures to ensure the appropriate level of security of any data collected.
- Each party shall fulfil their obligations to respond to requests to exercise data subject rights. Each party will cooperate in order to fulfil the other party’s compliance.
- Each party will notify the other party immediately regarding any personal data breach and provide the other party with sufficient information to meet its obligations to report the breach.